I have seen several cards lately that use the clear acetate with a popup to create the illusion of elements floating. I love how this works with the accordion frame die.
The technique is very simple. I cut the die out of acetate 3 times and then patterned paper 6 times. I removed the center portion of the patterned pieces and adhered them to the clear pieces. I connected the frames to make the accordion.
To finish I adhered butterflies, flourishes, and flowers throughout the card. I was able to match up things so the adhesive didn't show but glossy accents is a good option too.
Dies: Sizzix (Tattered flower garlands, Elegant Flourishes, Big Ticket) Spellbinders (butterflies)
Punches: Martha Stewart (butterfly)